Many of us have a habit of popping a pill even for the slightest of health issues and when it comes to a headache gulping a tablet is the preferred way for a majority of us. Headaches can approach anytime and be quite tiring. A pounding head can set us back from doing the simplest of chores. Headaches are draining and can be caused due to various reasons- stress, poor diet, dehydration, hangover, or any other underlying ailment.
Headaches can bring along a lot of strain and pressure on the back, shoulders, neck, and eyes. So, instead of having a pill, head towards the yoga mat, and cure the headache with these seven amazing yoga poses for headache.
• Stand straight with feet about a few inches apart.
• Now breathe in and bend the upper body forward, and touch your forehead to the knees. Hold your big toes with the fingers.
• Hold the pose for 30 seconds. Breathe in and lift the torso. Repeat the same for a few minutes.
2. Ananda Balasana
• Lie straight on your back on the floor. Lift your legs and bring both the knees close to your chest.
• Now hold the big toes with your fingers. And for a deep stretch, open and widen up your legs.
• Then tuck in your chin in the chest and keep the head on the floor. Make sure that your neck, shoulders, back,and spine is pressed flat on the floor.
• Hold the pose for 30-60 seconds while breathing normally.
3. Supta Virasana
• Sit on the floor on your knees and align your knees with the hips. Keep your hands on the knees.
• Now bring your knees close to each other and widen the feet more than hip-width apart.
• Now press the upper part of the feet on the floor and gently lower the hips, keeping it between the heels.
• Now lean the upper body until your back touches the floor and your hands are stretched up above your head.
• Now put your body weight on the elbows and hold the pose for a minute.
• Sit on the floor with a straight back. Stretch your legs outward with the toes flexed towards you.
• Now lift your hands over the head, stretch and then fold the upper body forward from the hips.
• Touch the toes or floor with your hand and be in the position for a minute.
5. Prasarita Padottanasana
• Begin with being in the Tadasana pose. Breathe in and spread your legs 4-5 inches apart.
• Now gently press your feet into the floor and then breathe out. Bend your torso forward.
• Now, keep your head on the floor and let it rest. Place your hands on the floor beside your feet.
• Hold the pose for 30-60 seconds.
6. Adho Mukha Svanasana
• Begin with being on the fours, and form a table-like shape with your body.
• Now inhale and lift up your hips. Then align your knees with the elbows. Doing so, you form an inverted-V with your body.
• Now put your hands on the floor and stretch your neck outwards. Keep your hands, legs, back, and shoulder straight.
• Then let your inner side of the forearm touch your ear. Be in the position for 30-60 seconds.
7. Viparita Karani
• Lie down straight on your back on the floor near a wall and let your hips touch the wall. And place your hands beside the body.
• Now lift your legs and let the back of the legs touch the wall. Your body should form a 90-degree angle.
• With the help of your hands, lift your hips upward and support your back with the hands or a bolster.
• Relax the body and hold the pose for a minute. Release and roll on either side.
Complete your yoga session in the Savasana or Corpse Pose. All these yoga poses for headache will definitely help you find an instant relief naturally.